An assassin is an agile champion that specializes in killing or disabling roaming targets picking them of as they try to replenish HP. Focused on infiltration, deception, and mobility, assassins are opportunistic hunters who find favorable moments within a fight before jumping into the fray. Regardless of the size of the enemy team, assassins specialize in positioning and artful killing. They strike when the time is right – no sooner, no later. Assassins are more suitable to be played by experienced players as they have low HP and high burst of damage they are ideal to take out opponents easy, but easier to kill due to bad positioning and wrong timing..
There are currently 13 Assassins in 4 categories in the game (Assassins, Fighter/Assassins, Mage/Assassins, and Marksman/Assassin).
- 2 of the assassins have Season Exclusive skins: Alucard, and Fanny.
- Assassins are renowned in the battlefield for their kill streaks. But, some of the most notorious are as follows:
- Karina - her skills tend to reduce or reset cooldown when having assists or kills..
- Lancelot - known for dealing significant damage while having very high agility and immunity in some circumstances.
- Gusion - he has the cooldown resetting ultimate that gives him a superior pursuit advantage while dealing significant AoE and CC to enemies.
- Lesley - known for having superior critical damage and long-range shot.
- Fanny - the most agile assassin while having superior pursuit and escape advantage.
- Alucard - his huge lifesteal sustains himself while dealing damage to enemies and has a pursuit advantage.
- Lapu-Lapu - although is not as agile as Lancelot, he has a very high damage and significant CC skills.
- Karina, Selena, and Gusion are the only Mage/Assassin Hybrid heroes in the game.
- The former two are sisters of the same race: Dark elves. (Although the latter doesn't remember being part of it after being thrown into the Shadow Abyss.)
- Also, the latter's role changed to Assassin/Mage a few days after she's released.
- Natalia and Lancelot are the only assassins whose first skill can cast again when it hits an enemy.
- Lesley is the only Marksman/Assassin Hybrid which gave her a deadly advantage in critical hits and effective kill streak.
- She, along with Clint are the only heroes who can slay enemy heroes from a distance.
- She is also one of the most feared heroes in the game.
- Helcurt is the only hero who can blind enemies by casting his ultimate skill.
- Zilong, Alucard, and Lapu-Lapu are the only Fighter/Assassins in the game.
- Most of them have CC skills.
- Fanny is the hardest hero to handle because of her complexity of skills. With 100% difficulty rating, she is also the most agile hero in the game. Because of this, she is one of the most banned hero in the Draft Pick.
- Lancelot is also banned a lot in Draft Pick. He is banned almost all the time because of his immunity and mobility.
- Gusion is also banned a lot because of his high burst damage.
- Helcurt is banned, too, because of his element of surprise.
- Besides Selena, which Mayhem Mode was ended before she's released, Fanny, Lesley and Gusion are the only Assassin heroes who are banned from Mayhem Mode.