- Chou is inspired by Bruce Lee
- He is inspired by Yuan from Magic Rush.
- Chou carries nunchaku on his back, but he never uses it.Because of this, he's the only hero in the game who doesn't use any kind of weapon in fight.
- Since Patch1.2.96, he now uses the nunchacku in his entry animation, but still not in battle.
- Old Chou can be seen in his 2nd skill and Ulti's icons.
- Old Chou resembles to Mighty Steel Leg Sing in Shaolin Soccer and Bruce Lee in his movie Game of Death.
- Chou and Bruno can be related to each other because they both grew up in the slums.
- Jeet Kune Do is a reference from a philosophy founded by the martial artist and actor Bruce Lee. Shunpo is a reference to a Soul Reaper from the manga and anime Bleach.
- He can be seen in the Event Mini-game World Tour, where he plays as Goalkeeper.
- He is probably one of the most nerfed heroes. His passive was nerfed, with slow effect replacing stun; his ultimate second phase had the damage immunity removed, and finally his second skill's immunity effect was nerfed. Despite all these nerfs, Chou still has some of the best CCs in the game.