A magician, (commonly known as Mage in most MOBA games) is a magic damage dealer and an important role in any team composition. Their strengths are in their abilities and not usually their basic attacks. They, however, tend to be squishy and are a priority target in team fights due to their burst damage and crowd control abilities.
There are currently 22 Mages in 4 categories in the game (Mages, Mage/Assassins, Mage/Support and Marksman/Mage).
- Only Nana, a Mage/Support hero, has a Season Exclusive skin.
- Mages have the most number of heroes, with 22 heroes of 4 categories (namely Mages, Mage/Assassins, the only Mage/Support and the only Marksman/Mage).
- Karina, Selena, and Gusion are the only Mage/Assassin Hybrid heroes in the game. They are also the only melee mages in the game.
- Selena is also the only one who can transform in early game and change her mode of attacking.
- Zhask and Lunox are the only heroes with more than 3 abilities in a singular form.
- Cyclops' S.A.B.E.R. Squad skin and Gord's Legendary skin are the only mechanical mage heroes in the game.
- Kimmy is the only Marksman/Mage Hybrid in the game.
- Pharsa was temporarily banned from Brawl games because she gave an unfair advantage to her team with her ultimate skill. Now, her ultimate skill's CD is increased from 8 to 30 seconds for that specific game mode only.
- Because of this, she's the only hero to have ever been banned from an official game mode and the only hero with a skill modified exclusively for a single game mode.
- Kagura, Gusion and Chang'e are the only Mage heroes who were unplayable in Mayhem Mode.
- Selena, Vale, Lunox, Harith and Kimmy don't count, since Mayhem Mode was ended before they were introduced.